At 3dcart, we're preparing for the release of one of the largest software updates in the history of our company: Version 8!
It's the result of over 2 years of work, and while it introduces some great features that 3dcart online stores can implement right away, it also includes major technology changes to set up the foundation of the future of eCommerce.
Our merchants have already experienced the benefits of running their online business on 3dcart. Constant improvements in our server infrastructure allow us to maintain a 99.94% uptime, and the benefits of using the best eCommerce platform for SEO translate into increased traffic to their websites.
When Version 8 is unveiled next month, it'll bring some fantastic enhancements, including:
- A complete overhaul of our template engine. The entire template structure of 3dcart is being updated to include the latest industry standards and Google's recommendations. Engineered with SEO standards, PageSpeed considerations and Mobile optimization in mind, Version 8's Core Template Engine has been developed on the Bootstrap framework and will allow 3dcart and developers to create new themes in a streamlined way. These new themes will achieve better results including faster page load speeds, improved layouts, and more.
- Build unique shopping experiences on any blog or website. Introducing the 3dcart Buy Button, an embeddable widget that displays real-time product information to sell your items anywhere. Combined with a powerful front-end API that allows web developers to retrieve product information, as well as add items to a customer's shopping cart, view a list of all items in the cart and adjust quantities, the 3dcart Buy Button can offer a significant advantage.
- More payment solutions that any other hosted platform. Version 8 expands the 3dcart repertoire of integrated payment providers with solutions popularly requested by our merchants, such as Worldpay, Square, CenPOS, zipPay, sagePay and more. We're also growing our offering of digital wallets from Visa Checkout, Masterpass, and Amazon Pay, by adding Apple Pay, another commonly-requested gateway.
- Upgraded features. Several features have been overhauled and improved, like our loyalty solution Reward Points, Automation Rules, Advanced Options, Product Reviews, and expansions to shipping settings with the addition of UPS SurePost.
- New built-in modules. Say hello to Product Comparison to allow your customers to compare up to 4 items across various points of comparison that you can configure, a Pre-Orders module, and Sales Representative management.
- New integrations, including enhanced MailChimp, Google Customer Reviews, Google Shopping Feed, Google’s Invisible Captcha, and Houzz order sync.
- Facebook integration. Version 8 brings the new Facebook Shop tab, and full integration with Facebook Dynamic Ads, directly into your 3dcart store.
Lastly, I want to mention that we’ve been implementing some major organizational changes, from making training our main priority for all the members of our team, to restructuring our technical support department and development teams to reduce the turnaround on support issues and bug fixes. Thanks to these efforts, we are able to achieve a 90% customer satisfaction rate from our merchants.
To conclude, I want to reiterate my commitment to 3dcart and our merchants, since starting the company in 1997. After 20 years I feel stronger than ever that 3dcart is one of the best eCommerce solutions in the market to help businesses of all sizes to succeed in selling online.
Gonzalo Gil, Founder & CEO