By Melissa Frias
3dCart would like to welcome John to the marketing team. John’s background in sales and marketing brings a wealth of knowledge to 3dcart’s client base. He has the ability to turn around numerous clients’ concerns and inquiries in flash speed while delivering exceptional customer service.
We enjoy his quirky sense of humor which is demonstrated in this brief Q&A interview we had with him.
1. Tell me a little bit about your background? I was in the music industry for 20 years including stints at Sony Music, Earache Records and also consulting for independent labels working with diverse artists such as Common, Fat Joe, Joe Satriani, At The Gates, Candiria, Voivod and many more. Then the sky came falling on the music industry aka illegal downloading and I had to reinvent myself or die! Worked at a few boiler rooms, eventually found my way into the tech space and next thing you know I landed at 3dcart.
2. Where are you from? Hollis (Queens), NY
3. What was your first job? Working at street fairs in the NYC area selling Filipino food.
4. What do you love most about your career? Helping our merchants succeed.
5. What are your strongest skill sets and how is it beneficial to 3dcart’s client base? I always look at things from the merchants point of view by analyzing there current situation and what I can do to add more value so that they can make more sales. At the end of the day that’s the name of the game.
6. What do you like most about "life at" 3dcart? It’s only 5 minutes from my house so I can go home for lunch to watch Kardashian reruns plus we get free snacks so I can pack on more pounds to eventually become a sumo wrestler.
7. Favorite food to eat: Lechon
8. Favorite sports: Boxing, MMA, NFL (Jets), NBA (Knicks)
9. Favorite reality shows: I favor Jersey reality shows even though I’m not from Jersey or Italian. Shows include: Mob Wives, Jerseylicious, Real Housewives of NJ and of course Jersey Shore!
10. What was the focus of your background in E Commerce? I've spent over five years in E Commerce. I worked on the merchant side for two years as a webmaster and social media manager, and then I went to work for a conversion optimization software company where I specialized in multivariate testing and conversion rate optimization.