Whether we understand it or not, psychology is always large part in business. Understanding the mind of a consumer is a huge advantage for online merchants, especially in terms of social commerce.
Did you know that according to Kiss Metrics
- 64% of Twitter users say they are more likely to buy from the brands they follow.
- 51% of Facebook users say they are more likely to buy from the brands they follow.
- 81% of Facebook fans said they feel connection/empathy with a particular brand. Only 39% of non-fans said they did.
- 87% of Facebook fans said they are satisfied with a particular brand. Only 49% of non-fans said they did.
- 38% of respondents reported that they would likely become a fan of a brand on Facebook if they saw a family member or close friend do so.
- 50% of small business owners reported gaining new customers through social media – most notably through Facebook and LinkedIn.
Social commerce continues to gain traction but the trend begs the question: What makes a fan stop flipping through their friends photos and purchase a product? Here's an infographic that will provide a glimpse into your shoppers mind: