A few months back, our team launched 3dcart v6.0, a reimagined ecommerce solution designed for growth. So far, the feedback we’ve received has been incredible, and we’re happy to see the new features and enhancements being used by so many.
One of the most popular new features is a Bitcoin payment solution, and this is thanks to our recent partnership with BitPay, a startup with “PayPal-Like Ambitions,” according to an article published by TechCrunch.
As a 3dcart store owner interested in Bitcoins, you have two options...
- Merchants can get paid in USD if they do not want to manage Bitcoins themselves.
- Merchants can opt to keep Bitcoins and manage them directly via a Bitcoin wallet.
By giving users a choice, we aim to have every 3dcart user integrate BitPay, not just those familiar with Bitcoins/Bitcoin management.
Since there is virtually no risk in accepting Bitcoins, we recommend that you take the next few minutes to configure BitPay inside your 3dcart Store Manager.
How to Integrate BitPay
When adding the BitPay Payment method, you will be required to enter an API Key specific to your BitPay account. The following is where you can create this information:
- Sign into your BitPay Account
- Click on your the "My Account" icon.
- Now click the "API Access Keys" icon.
You will then be taken to a page where you can view your created API Keys.
- Click on the button labeled "Add New API Key" to generate a random API key for your BitPay account.
- Optional: Add a memo to let you know what this API key is being used for.
- Click “Save Changes.”
To add the BitPay Payment method, please proceed with the following steps:
- Login into your 3dcart Store Manager
- Navigate to Settings --> Payment --> Online Methods
- Click on the "Add New" button at the top of the page.
- Select “BitPay” from the Payment Method drop down menu.
- Specify your payment method options as needed (Order amounts, Customer Group, Country/State restrictions, etc...)
- Click "Save"
You have now added the BitPay payment module.
- From here you can simply enter your API Key (from the previous steps) as needed.
- You can also create a description, confirmation message and caption.
Your store is now integrated with BitPay, and you are ready to securely accept Bitcoin payments from customers all over the world!
Note: Please click the following link if you'd like to learn more about Bitcoins, such as what they are and how they're used.
For more information about BitPay and the future of ecommerce, we invite you to watch the following video.