We appreciate healthycompetition between companies. However, when deceptive marketing practices are being used to mislead the consumer, we have to draw attention to them.
Our company values dictate that we do not speak negatively about our competition. Our sales team is fantastic. They've got a combined total of over 70 years in e-commerce design, consultation, and support. These are not simply a group of people who are here to sell you the best account, these are people who know e-commerce software, design, and have helped launch thousands of online stores. They take pride in assisting small to medium sized businesses realize their dreams and help them to achieve success in the online marketplace. Their integrity speaks volumes about the kind of people they are. They will never speak negatively about an opponent, and in the rare occasion that there is a feature that we do not offer, will suggest an appropriate competing product to take care of the client's needs.
One of our competitors recently launched a comparison chart which lists an "E-Commerce Comparison Checklist" and displays how we stack up against each other. Not surprisingly, according to them, we do not offer a single feature that they do.
A common trick in comparison charts is to select carefully worded items which your competition, upon the surface, does not offer. Let's be honest here. Most of you would not even care to look deeper into these charts and would assume that the company presenting the comparison chart has done their homework.
Let's examine some of these items a bit closer.
1. Over 10 Years in Business and One of The First Shopping Cart Providers - 3dCart has been in business since 1997. We started out developing custom e-commerce solution and decided in 2001, to offer our software to everyone. That's 13 years in the industry.
2. 75+ FREE Ready-to-Go Store Designs- We offer over 30 free templates and our designers add to this each month. These are all FREE and Ready-to-go store designs.
3. In-House Design, Marketing and Expert Services Available - Our design team is located in house with our consultants, and marketing team. Everything is in-house at 3dCart.
4. Tens of Thousands of Satisfied Customers - We've got tens of thousands of satisfied clients. In fact, a significant amount of our customers found 3dCart because of being displeased with one of our competitors.
5. Most Award-winning Solution Recognized for Customer Service, Innovation and Overall Product Offering - We applaud them for their awards. Truth is, we never entered our software into any award or review site that our competitors are on because we feel that our clients don't look at those things. We have gone up against our competition on a popular review site, and came out above the rest.
6. Visa Credit & Hacker Secured (PCI-Certified) - This is the one entry on this list that is quite irksome. We are 100% PCI compliant. The Visa Credit list is primarily for payment gateways. In 2009, we determined that it was not a suitable list for e-commerce providers to be on, and decided against paying the fee to be included in that list. Regrettably, our competitor has been deceiving potential clients by telling them that since we are not on this list, we are not PCI compliant. This is a considerable fabrication and to stop them from deceiving customers, we are going to be included in the 2010 list. You are not required to be on this list, to maintain your PCI compliance certification.
7. Knowledge and Experience of 18,000+ Online Business Owners - We've got tens of thousands of online business owners as well, and they are quite knowledgeable. We love our customers and not a day goes by that we do not learn something from one of them. But don't take our word for it, take theirs.
8. Premium Hosting, included in all packages, with 99.99% guaranteed uptime - All of our plans include premium features and we offer a 99.99% uptime guarantee as well.
9. Free 24x7x365 Live Support - We have tripled the size of our technical support staff and proudly offer 24x7x365 technical support... We even offer 24x7x366 technical support on leap years!
10. Social Store Builder™ - This name is owned and trademarked by our competitor so obviously, we don't have it. Since this feature is named by our competitor, we can't have it. No one can. What we do offer in the next update, will be Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, and social media marketing integration that is above and beyond what ANYONE offers in the industry.
11. Enhanced Product View with Vzoom!™ - Yet another custom named feature. We have this, and we call it Zoomify. We'll be offering a more enhanced version of this in an upcoming release.
12. Integrated Vendor Management - Managing distributors and vendors has been an integrated feature of 3dCart since the first release.
13. SmartMatch Technology™ - Yet again, another custom named feature. Noticing a trend here? We have a related product feature that allows you to easily add related products.
14. Soft Add-to-Cart - Finally, a feature that we do not have built into the cart. This feature is something that we can custom program in your store but we have not yet integrated it into all of our stores.
15. Multi-Store Discounts - 3dCart offers you a discount on multiple stores. We also offer reseller accounts. Contact our sales team to discuss these promotions @ 1-800-828-6650 x1
16. Advanced Language Settings - Ok, you've got us on this one. We don't offer the ability to have your cart in multiple languages. However, we are adding this feature in an upcoming release.
17. Pick Ticket Functionality to Speed up Business Processes - I've got no idea what this one is. At this point, I think they're just making things up.
PHEW, that was a lot of info. As you can see, its a bit asinine to expect any customer to do that amount of research, which is what marketers bank upon. Here's a revised comparison chart based upon our research: