3dcart Gets Cozy in New 17,000+ Sq. Ft. Building in Tamarac
Over the course of 2012, our little shopping cart business has reached a new level of success. This year, 3dcart earned its third consecutive appearance in INC. Magazine’s list of the 5000 fastest growing companies nationwide. (We were #39 in Miami, too.)
Now, to help our business scale internally, we’re proud to announce our new office, a spacious 17,000+ sq. ft. building located in Tamarac, FL. We’re just about moved in, so we wanted to share some pictures an details on the new digs with our customers.
- We have plenty of room for all 62 3dcart team members—plus tons of space for future growth.
- The new space includes 18 executive offices, 80 cubicles, a large conference room, a break room, a classroom and a cafeteria.
- The building is also equipped with a 150kw generator and hurricane proof windows to ensure uninterrupted customer service is offered to 3dcart’s merchants.
- The new office is located at 6691 Nob Hill Rd, Tamarac FL 33321.
A move of this magnitude was no small undertaking—but thanks to the dedication of the 3dcart team, the late October move went off without a hitch. With two teams coordinated to work overtime, customers experienced no customer service interruption.
3dcart’s new office represents another milestone for a company that originated out of founder Gonzalo Gil’s garage in the late 90s. But the growth is not ours alone; the success of our customers big and small has also proven a strong indicator of the continued progress of our software and our company.
Here are just a few quick facts about where 3dcart stands in the industry today.
- More than 16,000 online stores are powered by 3dcart.
- 3dcart has added 45 jobs over the last three years, bringing our total number of employees up to 62.
- Over that same period, we introduced 24/7/365 phone support as a free service for all of our customers—a first and still the only service of its kind in ecommerce.
- We’ve logged other ecommerce firsts, including built-in group deal functionality that capitalizes off of Groupon’s popularity without costing merchants an arm and a leg.
What’s happening on the web is even bigger than the growth of our brand. Projections show ecommerce ballooning to $1.25 trillion globally by next year. The market continues to grow, furthering the potential for new entrepreneurs to enter and quickening the pace of technology development. At 3dcart, we’re dedicated to staying on the front line of that development. A new home is one of the many ways we’re keeping a fresh perspective on business.
Special thanks goes out to the City of Tamarac, a place in Florida 3dcart has called home for the better part of its existence.