And in order to answer that question quick & effectively, Google uses a ranking system from 0 to 10. The higher your page’s rank, the more people will see your store and the more traffic you'll get. Google is constantly reevaluating your site and that means PageRank is in constant flux and can change on an ongoing basis.
Here are three tips to improve pagerank..
1. Blog away
Laborious, but effective. Good UNIQUE keyword-heavy content will go far in the eyes of Google. Blogging regularly also helps your page rank because Google values fresh content over stale, out-of-date content.
2. Promote your content on social networks & bookmarking sites
Creating content is great for SEO on it's own but you can maximize your content by promoting your content on Twitter, Facebook, and StumbleUpon. And by submitting your content on do-follow social bookmarking sites ( do-follow means these sites give links that Google considers when determining page rank) you can use your content to earn you quality backlinks.
Here's a list of some do-follow social bookmarking sites:
- All Topics - The Latest News Headlines, Videos and Images - Digg PR : 8
- folkd.com - social bookmarking PR : 6
- Kwoff - Your Source for Social News and Networking PR : 6
- linkaGoGo - free Online Favorites manager and Social Bookmarking Application PR : 5
- Top Twitter Pic Trends and Users | Twicsy, the Twitter Pics Engine PR : 5
- plime.com*:*popular links PR : 5
- Feedmarker: free bookmarker and newsreader with tagging PR : 4
- http://www.memfrag.com/ PR : 3
- OYAX - Home PR : 4
- TeDigo.com: Social bookmarking service in spanish and english. Save and share your favorite bookmarks online. PR : 3
- MyPIP - Your Personal Favorites Manager PR : N/A
- http://www.yattle.com/ PR : 3
- MalayaliClassifieds - A Free Kerala Classified site PR : 4
- http://tamilers.com/ PR : 3
3. Comment On High Page Rank Blogs
Blog commenting is an easy way to build links & as you may know link building is the ultimate way to boost Page Rank. Every time you place a link to your website in your signature and comment on high page rank blogs, you are racking up high quality links. When established & high page rank sites link to you, Google thinks you're more important and ranks you higher.