On the first day of online shopping, my web store gave to me…A Mobile Optimized Site!
If anyone knows best, it’s Google. According to the company’s holiday expectations, online stores that optimize their sites for mobile browsing may have a huge advantage over the competition for a few key reasons.
As of February 2011:
- 15% of Black Friday searches will be performed on mobile devices
- 44% of last-minute gift and store locator searches will be mobile
- 79% of Google advertisers don’t have a mobile-friendly site
These holiday numbers make a strong case for ensuring your online store is optimized for mobile
browsing. But what exactly does that mean?
Online store design for PC and Mac browsing leverages a completely different thought process than the mobile experience. For starters, customers access a website from their mobile phones, they apply fat ﬁngers to a much smaller touch-zone. So can you prepare your store for Mobile holiday sales?
With some minor adjustments to your existing 3dcart site you can really enhance your store's experience and raise mobile conversions!
- Make links and buttons at 44x44 pixels for simpler navigation
- Include large images on product pages
- Fit pages to the size of the device
- Eliminate excess text and focus on the most important copy
- Clearly display when a product is added to the cart
- Space out touch targets like buttons and links
- Test different options for breadcrumbs
- Feature a large, clear “back” button option
- Homepage should include simple navigation with easy access to search tools
- Showcase contact information on every page